1. Types of Water Heater
Before you buy a water heater, it’s a good idea to understand the varieties available:
- Traditional storage water heaters can store hot water for daily use. However, these heaters are only successful when there are few people as these take time to heat the water.
- Tankless water heaters, also known as demand-type water heaters, heat water directly without the necessity of a storage tank. When properly sized, this water heater is meant to deliver a sufficient hot water supply without running out.
- Solar water heaters harness the sun’s heat to create hot water while saving money on utility bills.
- Heat pump water heaters transfer heat from one location to another rather than producing heat directly to provide hot water, resulting in great efficiency and significant cost savings.
2. Consider the Following Features for Getting the Best Water Heater Service
- Plastic vs. Brass Drain Valves
These are located around the bottom of the water heater and allow a garden hose to drain the heater. Choose metal drain valves over plastic ones since they are more durable.
For water heaters, warranties usually range from 3 to 12 years. Although longer-warranty versions cost a little, we’ve discovered that they contain components like burners that can speed up water heating and thicker insulation for reduced heat loss. Select a heater with the best warranty available. Also, you can contact your local technician if you need a heating repair in Toronto.
- Digital Displays
They assist you in monitoring levels and customizing operations. Some electric/heat pump hybrid heaters allow you to establish a vacation mode that only runs the heat pump to save energy while you’re gone. Solar water heater displays usually show tank and collector readings, pressure readings, and other information.
- Glass-Lined Tanks
Glass-lined tanks are intended to decrease corrosion. Tank liners act as a barrier between the internal walls of your tank and the gases stored within it. As a result, the chemicals and gases stored in the tanks will not contact the gas tanks’ internal walls.
This prevents corrosion because the gases do not come into contact with the interior of your gas tanks. A gas tank liner completely covers the floor and walls of your tanks, preventing the flow of electrons that cause corrosion of the tank interiors.
- Anti-Scale Devices
Some models promote features meant to decrease mineral scale buildup at the tank’s bottom by rotating the water. Though scale can affect the life of the heating element, you can spend a little money to acquire a long-lasting water heater. Search for one with a twelve-year warranty, which usually comes with a longer or larger element.
Pick a good water heating system that produces adequate hot water for your household while also being energy efficient to save money when purchasing a new water heater for your home. If you want the best emergency heating repair in Toronto, contact Supreme Home Comfort. Contact us now and get your HVAC requirements fulfilled.